Special Links ...
281st AHC Monument Project ...
The 2016 Reunion at Fayettevill, NC, had the additional purpose of dedicating our memorial stone recently placed in the Ft Bragg Memory Garden. Read about the event and see more than one hundred photos in Reunion After Action Report.
At the 2008 Annual Reunion the
general membership approved the funding for a monument at the Airborne and
Special Operations Museum located at Fayetteville, NC. The monument was
completed and dedicated on 17 October 2009. To visit the ASOM website click the
icon link below. To see the dedication page on this website click
click for The Airborne and Special
Operations Museum (ASOM)
Listed below are several
personal websites created and/or maintained by former members of the 281st AHC,
they have information on the unit and the flight platoons. These links
will take you to a new page, to return to this page simply close the window. If
you are running a Pop-Up Blocker such as Google or Yahoo, you will need to
disable that feature to follow these links.
Brent Gourley's 1st Platoon "Rat Pack" website was established in 2000.
Bob Mitchell's 2nd Platoon "Bandit Delta-Air" website. (under revision)
Paul Greiner's "Second Airlift Platoon" website.
Fred Mentzer's 3rd Platoon
"Wolf Pack" website was established in 1998.
Steve Matthews' tribute to the 281st AHC Intruders, established in 1999.
Vietnam Moments, a
collection of stories and pictures relating to John Galkiewicz's Vietnam
Jack W. Serig,
a collection of stories and pictures relating to Jack W. Serig's military
service and his Vietnam experience.
A Taste of My World,
a collection of poems and stories by Craig Szwed.
The Geezer Zone,
personal website of Paul Greiner with a tribute to the 281st and the Bandits.
The following links are to
websites of units or organizations that were closely associated with the 281st
AHC during its time at Nha Trang, RVN.
Project Delta (SFOD B-52)
A very well done website that honors the men of Project Delta.
The 281st AHC was the primary Army Aviation element for Project Delta
The 281st AHC
on a daily basis.
Because of this habitual support, a special
bond exists between the men of both organizations even today.
Please visit the Tom Ross tribute to A-502 by clicking the link, above.
The 281st AHC has more members in
the Special Operations Association
than any other Assault Helicopter Company.
Please visit the Special Operations Association by clicking on the logo.
Steve Sherman has done an outstanding job of researching and archiving data
relating to 5th SFG and subordinate units as well as MACV-SOG.
The 201st Aviation Company
(Corp) was located near the 281st in Nha Trang.
homepage of the "Red Barons."
Websites of other US Army Helicopter units
of the Vietnam War
Note: Some or all of the links below may depart the 281st website.
Some of these links below will not operate because the page no longer operates or even exists.
You may receive an "ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND" or a deceptive parking page.
Be careful but enjoy.
- Army Aviation Museum at Ft. Rucker, Alabama.
Army Flight School home page is not an official Army page.
- Air America home page
Americal Division. Under the Southern Cross
1st Aviation Brigade
HHC 1ST Aviation Bde
1st CAV Div Assoc. The First Team!
1st CAV Div. Armed Falcons.
- 1st Brigade - 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile). The Flying
- 1st Aviation Detachment, 1st CAV. Guns-a-Go-Go.
- 1st Infantry Division. The Big Red One
1st Aviation Battalion, 1st Infantry Division. Bulldogs, Rebel Guns, Longhorns, Danger Hawks.
- 4th Infantry Division Aviation
- Bullwhip Squadron Association 1st Squadron 9th Cavalry, 1st Air Cavalry
- Casper Aviation Platoon Headquarters & Headquarters Company
- 173d Airborne Brigade (Sep)
- A Troop 1/9th Cav The
- B Troop 1/9th Cav
- C Troop 1/9th Cav 1 Cav Div
- HHT, 2/17th Cav Headquarters & Headquarters Troop, 2nd Squadron, 17th Cavalry,
101st Airborne Division
- A Troop, 2/17th Cav Assault
- B Troop, 2/17th Air Cav. Banshee
- A Troop, 3/17th Cav Silver Spurs
- Additional site for A Troop, 3/17th Cav Silver Spurs
- C Troop, 3/17th Cav
- additional site for C Troop, 3/17th Cav
- 3/17th Cav Association
- 7th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment (Air). Ruthless Riders
- Additional site for 7th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment (Air) Ruthless Riders
- B Troop, 7/17th Cav. Ruthless Riders
- 4th Battalion, 77th Field Artillery (Aerial Rocket) 101st
Airborne Division (Airmobile)
- A Battery 4th Battalion 77th Field Artillery (Aerial Rocket) 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile) (Dragons)
- A Company, 101st Aviation Comancheros
- B Company, 101st Aviation Kingsmen
- C Company, 101st Aviation Black Widows
- A Company, 158th Aviation 101st Airborne Division Ghosts Riders
- B Company, 158th Aviation, 101st Airborne Division Lancer
- B Company, 159th Aviation, 101st Airborne Division Varsity
- B Company, 227th Aviation, 1st Cavalry Division
- B & C Companies, 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion
- C Company, 227th AHB, 1st Cav 1966-67
- C Company, 158th Combat Aviation Battalion, 101st Airborne Division Phoenix
- D Troop (AIR), 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry, 1st Infantry Division Darkhorse
- D Troop (AIR), 3rd Squadron 4th Cavalry, 25th Infantry Division Centaur
- D Troop, 3/5th Cav
- additional site for D Troop, 3/5th Cav
- E/82nd Artillery 1st Cav Div
- F Troop (AIR), 4th Cavalry Centaur
- F Troop, 8th Cav. Blueghost Green
- Alternative site for F trp. 8th Cav. Blueghost
- H, 10th Cav.
- A/377 ARTY 101 ABN contact: Jason Miller
- 2/20 ARA 1 CAV & F/79 CAV BlueMax
- 15th Medical Battalion MEDEVAC
- 25th Aviation Battalion Little Bears and
- 31st Transportation Company (CH-34) and 138th Transportation Detachment
- 48th Assault Helicopter Company Bluestars
- 52nd and 119th Camp Holloway
- 52nd Combat Aviation Battalion Flying Dragons. Click to email to Vern Gano
- 57th Assault Helicopter Company Gladiators and
- 61st Assault Helicopter Company Lucky Stars and
- 68th Assault Helicopter Company Top Tigers and
- 71st Assault Helicopter Company Rattler and
- 92nd Assault Helicopter Company Stallions and
- Additional site for 92nd Assault Helicopter Company Stallions and
- 101st Airborne Division Association Screaming Eagles
- 114th Assault Helicopter Company Knights /
- 114th Aviation Company Knights of the Air
- 116th Assault Helicopter Company Stingers and
- 117th ASSAULT HELICOPTER COMPANY VIETNAM ASSOCIATION
- 118th Assault Helicopter Company Thunderbirds
- 119th Assault Helicopter Company Gators and
- 120th Aviation Company and Attached Units 1964-1965 Home of the
- 121st Assault Helicopter Company Vikings and
- 128th Assault Helicopter Company Tomahawk
- 129th Assault Helicopter Company Bulldogs and
- 134th Assault Helicopter Company
- 135th Assault Helicopter Company EMU and
- 135th Assault Helicopter Company EMU
- 145th Combat Aviation Battalion First in Vietnam
- 155th Assault Helicopter Company Falcons
- 161th Assault Helicopter Company
- 162th Assault Helicopter Company Copperhead
- 170th Assault Helicopter Company Bikini
- 173rd Assault Helicopter Company Robin Hood
- 174th Assault Helicopter Company Dolphin
- 175th Assault Helicopter Company Home
of the Mavericks
- 176TH Assault Helicopter Company Minuteman
178th ASHC and 400 TC Company The
- 180th Assault Support Helicopter Company Big Windy
- 187th Assault Helicopter Company Crusaders
- 188th AHC and C/101 Black Widow
- 189th Assault Helicopter Company Ghost Riders and
Avengers send email to Gerry Sandlin
- 191st Assault Helicopter Company Boomerang
and Bounty Hunter
- 192nd Assault Helicopter Company Polecat
- 192nd Assault Helicopter Company Redux Polecat
- 195th Assault Helicopter Company Skychief
- 201th Aviation Company Red
- 205th Aviation Company Geronimo
- 213th Assault Support Helicopter Company Blackcat
- additional site for 213 ASHC 213th Assault Support Helicopter Company Blackcat
- 227th Assault Helicopter Battalion 1st CAV
- 228th ASHB and Guns-a-Go-Go Winged Warrior
- 238th Aerial Weapons Company Gunrunner
- 240th Assault Helicopter Company Greyhound,
- Additional site for the LZ of the 240th AHC.
- 242nd Assault Support Helicopter Company Muleskinner
- Additional site for the 242 ASHC Muleskinners.
- 243rd Assault Support Helicopter Company Freight Train
- additional site for the 243rd Assault Support Helicopter Company & 620 TC Det Freight Train
- 281st Assault Helicopter Company the alternate site for we the
- 282nd Assault Helicopter Company Blackcat
- 335th Assault Helicopter Company (A/82 in 1965); Cowboys,
Falcons and Caspers
- 336th Assault Helicopter Company Warriors and T-Birds
- 361st Aerial Weapons Company Pink Panthers
- 362nd Aviation Company Fly United; The Last Chinook Unit in Viet Nam
- 359th and 366th Aviation Support Detachments Air Traffic Controllers in Vietnam
Other Helicopter units of the Vietnam War...
- U.S. Marine Corps helicopter units:
- Navy helicopter units:
- U.S. Air Force helicopter units:
Miscellaneous Vietnam (or not) links ...
An Academic Look at the Vietnam War
NOTE: The Vietnam Web Ring has ceased operation.
This page updated in November, 2016.